View volunteer opportunities here.
View volunteer postions and descriptions through our volunteer policy
General Volunteer Requirements:
- All applicants must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer.
- Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 2 hours of time per visit
- Must be able to interact in a positive way with the general public
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Must represent Sumter County in a professional manner
- Must never give false or inaccurate information to the public
- Acceptable vision (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
Volunteer Opportunities are available in various Board of Sumter County Commissioners Departments including
- Support Services
- Animal Services
After being selected to fill a position, an applicant may be required to successfully complete and pass a background check.
Notice to Volunteers
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Laws of Florida. If you require special accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application / selection process, you must notify the hiring authority in advance.