Employees of Sumter County Board of County Commissioners and Elected Officials / Constitutional Offices are eligible for a wide array of benefits. Employees should also speak with the Human Resources Department for information concerning supplemental programs.
Employees will attend a detailed benefits orientation within the first two weeks of employment. Employees are encouraged to read this information in order to make an informed choice based on specific individual and family benefit needs. If you do not choose a particular benefit as a new hire, you will have another opportunity at the annual open enrollment period.
Changing Your Benefit Choices
Your benefit choices will remain in effect for a full plan year. However, if you have a change in family status, you may be able to change some of your benefit elections.
Family status changes include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth, adoption, or legal custody of an eligible dependent
- Death of your spouse or dependent
- Dependent covered by plan becomes ineligible
- Change from full-time to part-time status, or vise versa
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Significant change in you spouse's coverage attributable to employment
- Termination or commencement of spouse's employment
If you experience one of the listed status changes during the plan year, you may be able to make changes to your coverage. You must notify Risk Management within 30 days of the change, and you may need to provide documentation