Before signing a contract with a pool contractor, please look at these suggestions
- Check with building department to be sure the contractor has the proper license.
- Check with Seniors vs Crime to see if they have complaints against the contractor.
- Make sure you have a payment schedule of when you pay for draws.
- You should not pay more or earlier than the schedule.
- Should have an estimated final date in the contract.
- Check with building department to be sure the contractor has a permit.
- Contractor shall provide a completed Notice of Commencement to be signed and Notarized. This protects the homeowner and notifies them of any subcontractors and/or suppliers.
- Permit plaque and documents shall be posted, visible from the street while pool is under construction.
- Do not pay the final amount until the contractor has passed the final inspection.
The contractor must give you a final lien(s) release BEFORE you give final payment per Florida Statue 713.20.