Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Meetings will be held quarterly.
- View the schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
View Recent Agendas
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
|Doug Gilpin||Local Government Official||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
|Francis Harper||Building Industry||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
||Banking Industry||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Vacant||Areas of Labor Activity||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Sandra Woodard||Low Income Advocate||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Priscilla Lewis||For-profit Housing Provider||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
|Gene Barton||Non-profit Housing Provider||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Danny Smith||Real Estate Professional||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Karl Holley||Local Planning Agency||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
||Sumter County Resident||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
|Matthew Yoder||Employer Representative||2 years||7/12/2019 - 7/12/2021|
|Robert Hanson||Essential Service Personnel||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
||Alternate||2 years||7/12/2020 - 7/12/2022|
The purpose of the AHAC is to:
- Review the established policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and adopted local government comprehensive plan of the appointing local government.
- Recommend specific actions or initiatives to the Board of County Commissioners to encourage or facilitate affordable housing while protecting the ability of the property to appreciate in value.
- Serve as the Citizen's Advisory Task Force (CATF) for Community Development Block Grants.
- Prepare and submit a report to the local governing board that includes recommendations on affordable housing incentives outlined in Florida Statute § 420.9076(4).
The membership shall consist of at least eight but no more than eleven committee members and must consist of one representative of the categories mandated by Florida Statutes § 420.9076(2).