As part of the partnership with LSSI to provide improved services, The Sumter County Library System will be migrating to the state-of-the-art Polaris Library Catalog System throughout the month of November and early December. Polaris will provide residents with the ability to search the catalog with greater ease and improved results while also providing access through mobile devices. More options for automated phone and text messaging notification of account activity and the option to keep a list of previously read books will also be offered.
In preparation for the migration, placing holds will be unavailable from November 1st through December 5th, when the new system will go live.
To accommodate patron requests for popular materials the library will be increasing the purchase of best selling authors, and ordering best sellers in multiple formats, such as eBook, audio, large print and regular print.
The Library's system will be offline from Monday, December 2 to Wednesday, December 4. During this time, limited services will be available:
- Patrons are allowed to checkout but Library cards are needed to check out materials.
- New Library cards cannot be issued
- Renewal of items will be unavailable
- Placing holds will be unavailable
- Online account activity “frozen”
- Library fines and fees cannot be processed
- Self check out terminals will be unavailable