Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
1. No person shall establish temporary accommodations at any campsite for more than three (3) days and two (2) nights per month.
2. The Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sumter County from and against all claims, damages, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees arising out of the use of the County Facilities pursuant to this agreement, which are (1) for bodily injury, illness, or death, or for property damage, including loss of use, and (2) caused in whole or in part by the Applicant’s negligent act or omission, or that of a guest of the Applicant, or that of anyone employed by them or for whose acts the Applicant may be liable. If deemed necessary, proper proof of a million dollar liability insurance policy naming the Sumter County Board of County Commissioners as additional insured may be required.
3. Alcohol or illegal drugs are not allowed on County property.
4. Pets on County Park property must be on a leash and owners are required to clean up after their pets. There are some areas where exceptions may apply. These areas will be clearly posted NO PETS and you will be expected to abide by the rules as posted.
5. Check in before dusk on the first day; check out by noon on the last day.
6. Do not leave food out because of wildlife in the area.
7. All trash generated during use must be placed in the trash receptacles. This includes trash from use of any campsite, pavilion, playground, etc. Excess trash that will not fit in existing receptacles should be taken upon departure.
8. All fires must be contained in provided fire rings. Campers should bring their own fire extinguishing capability (Bucket to carry water or fire extinguisher). ALL FIRES MUST BE EXTINGUISHED BEFORE LEAVING CAMP SITE.
9. Do not cut down live trees; only burn branches that are laying on the ground or bring your own firewood.
10. Fireworks are not allowed.
11. No loud noises after 9 PM.
12. If a situation has occurred that needs to be reported, but does not require immediate attention, please notify the office as soon as possible during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays at 352-689-4400. For urgent issues after hours or on the weekend that cannot wait until the next business day (i.e.: power failure, severe damage, overflowed toilets, etc.), please call (352) 303-4638 or (352) 254-0893.
13. Keep a copy of the approved camping application on site to show to Facilities and Parks personnel and Sumter County Sheriff’s Office. Both organizations monitor the parks.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field